CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Are you sure this a hotel and not a jail?

Okay, so I'm back from Italy. Well, I was yesterday, but I was too tired to wrote anything. I kept falling asleep when we were watching Bones. But seriously, Italy was ah-may-zing!! Love love loved it. [And, just for the record, I didn't loose Mercy Spice.]
Saturday: We had to drive to school and leave all our cars there [since it was a school trip]. Then we got on the bus an drove to the airport and we're all like, way hyper. Most of the people were flying into Germany and then Italy [split flight], but some of the people were flying into Ireland, so we split up. When we got on the plane I got to sit next to Hannah and Elizah, and we all watched Enchanted on our cool little movie screens. The first flight was 8 HOURS LONG. [How's that for the longest I've sat still, Lizzie?] But we got up like an hour before the flight was over to use the loo, as we say in Britain. There were all there people there and the flight attendant told us we weren't allowed and some lady behind us was like "Huh, I wonder why?" So I convinced her it was a bar.
Sunday, I guess:
Then we switched flights and I slept through some of the second one and we were all messed up because of the whole 'time change' thing. We waited on the bus and had some fun with Hayley's phrase book. After the Ireland people found us we started to go around Rome. Everyone fell asleep in the bus ride as the tour guide was explaining things because we were all so tired. We went to a really pretty square the first day and then to the Pantheon. We also went to the Spanish Steps where Megan got some fierce sunglasses and Miranda stole a rose. [Don't worry she gave it back.] Then we drove to this hotel with this gorgeous view but absolutely no heat at all. Hannah, Elizah and I were freezing. Also , the shower didn't drain for like, 10 minutes. We had dinner at this fahbulous restaurant with this ah-may-zing playground. It had the coolest spinny thing. It could fit six people and you hold onto the middle and spin it around. If you go fast enough, you scream, and when you get off your stomach feels sick and you want to 'park a custard.'
Monday, somewhat adjusted to the time zone: We went to Vatican City!! So shin diddy. Ohmigawd it was so ah-may-zing! The Pope wasn't there but that's okay. Mercy found it quite inspiring. It was still really cool. We got to see the Sistine Chapel, and they are SO uptight there! You can't stand still, you can't talk, and you can't take pictures. I get that last one though. Then we drove to a ceramics factory/food store thing on our way to the hotel in Assisi, and I know, you're thinking boring, and to be honest, we were too, but they had all kinda of food samples. The chocolate was ah-may-zing, and the olive oil and sauce was really good too. Katie somehow managed to sample the liqueur and apparently that was good too. Then, outside they had a huge dumpster and said we could keep anything we found in it. So, you guessed it, we went dumpster diving. It was really...well lets just say we'll be better off if it doesn't make the yearbook. Then we got to our hotel, and it was...kinda dark. There were 4 beds so Macy stayed with us that night.
Tuesday!: Today we went on a walking tour of Perugia and it was really pretty. There was a really cool view of the town and all these artists sketching it. Laura has amazing camera skills and could be a professional photographer. And there were amazing stores, so of course we went shopping. Then we drove back to Assisi and we went on a tour there too. We also went to the Church of Saint Francis of Assisi, when he was buried. They also had really cool shops, so we went shopping there too. Then we went out to dinner which was so much fun, ohmigawd. We gave each other some new nicknames.
Katie-Zachariah
Elizah- Zeppy Allen [Led Zeppelin+Ethan Allen]
Mary-Old Jeremiah
Hayley- Grandma Ethel [She's a bit out there. Never should have let her near me.]
Hannah-Clyde
Me- Bonnie [Clyde and I rob banks]
We also found out about Katie's soon-to-be-husband, William Nitwit. He is ah-may-zing. He flips his hair and his job is looking good for Katie. I am her maid of honor and i'm wearing my 'I ♥ the Vatican' shirt over a yellow dress to her wedding.
After dinner we went back to the hotel in Assisi and Hannah left to curl her hair at midnight....
Wednesday already?: I wake up to the wake-up call. Elizah does not. Elizah could sleep though anything. I realize that I slept with my glasses on. And that the light is on. And they I'm still wearing my hoodie. All of a sudden I hear knocking on the door so I wake Elizah up and I answer it. And it's Hannah with her Dad. It turns out Elizah and I fell asleep so she couldn't get back in, because she didn't take the key, and the doors lock automatically. I felt bad, but Elizah laughed. ANYWAY, today we drove to Florence and saw lots of lovely statues. Most of which needed clothes. Badly. Then we walked around and visited a really really big church. When we got to our hotel that night we weren't happy about the fact that we were on the third floor and there were no elevators. It was my favorite room though,but the only problem was there were SO MANY MOSQITOES. We got bit so much. It was really bad.
Thursday...: Hmmmm Thursday! We drove out to Siena and had a lovely tour. We went into a huge church that had green and white stripes like a candy cane. It was so big, for real. Then we went to lunch and I went shopping with Hannah and Elizah. Then we drove back to the hotel and curled Laura's hair. We had quite a lovely time.
Friday ♥: Back to Rome! On the way to Rome we stopped to see David. He was nice. You know. Macy kept getting yelled at for taking pictures because they weren't allowed. Then we drove drove drove to see the Colosseum! We didn't go it because it was going to be like, an 80 minute thing, so we went with Laura and her Mum to see the Trevi fountain, and we only threw ONE coin in. Hehe. Then we went to meet our group at a pizza place where we met lots of multi-lingual people. They were all quite nice. Then we went to the Trevi fountain again, but with our whole group this time. The funniest thing happened on the way over there. They have all these people selling stuff, like roses, for money. All of a sudden one of them pops out in front of me and shoves the rose in my face and is like 'Ahhhhh!' We all stopped and started laughing so hard!! After that we stopped for gelato [gelato in Italy is soooo good] and went to our hotel. Our hotel had like, bars over the windows. It looks like a jail. It was near a store called Bimbo Planet. Katie shops there. Since we were staying with Megan and Miranda that night we had a 'juite' [jail+suite]. It was normal size with two extra beds shoved in. Suprisingly, we went to bed relatively early.
Saturday, 3 AM: No, I'm not lying. The people flying into Germany had to get up at 3AM. We weren't all there, as Katay showed by singling this lovely song:
"It's a moooooon. And it's shinnnnnnnny. And it's a moooooooooon. And it's shinnnnnnnnnnnny."
[Repeat 50 times.]
So we get on the short flight, and I'm like out. I fell asleep so fast. Then we went on the 8 hour flight and I watched Juno, which was ah-may-zingly fierce. Then Katay made me watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show but it was weird so i started watching National treasure 2. Anyway, I got bored with that too, so I just read and stuff.
Then we got on the bus so drive back to school where the cars where and I'm like 'It's 9 at home and everyone made fun of me. Then we're driving by the state house and Megan goes 'Is that the White House?'[ It was so funny because then we started randomly going 'Ohmigosh, is that the Colosseum?' And other random landmarks. Megan also left this lovely note on my iPod:
Right now we're driving home from Italy which was quite interesting, I must say. There are too many things to list that we did. So Mercy Spice had a mouthful of things to say about the trip. She even used the bidet [Pronounced baday, by the way] and had a fun time. Remember the beautiful drawing on out way hahahahahahahaha! I'm gonna miss the old Italiano playgroundo buy you know I'm glad to be home with English people. We now have a ton of stuff to talk about in science. Ohh wait, WE GOT MOVED! Hmm that's not nifty...I have to pee.
TMI Megan. Love that though. Um, no pictures because my camera is out of battery and I think I lost the charger, but when if finally gets working I'll put them up. Loved Italy, bottom line. It was gorgeous. But that's all for now.
xoxoXO missed you all

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st of all i did NOT try the liquor.... that was Barbie.... lol
2nd of all it's Willum and 3rd of all u forgot to put on thurs. about how macy dressed up as Willum ^______^

Anonymous said...

LUV Bimbo planet

Belle ♥ said...

1- yes you did. i saw yu lurking suspiciously
2- so it is
3- i didn't know if you would care if i put that macy said yu were a bit flat. and that's part of what made it funny.

but katay is quite right. macy did dress up as willum nitwit and they did some loverly acting, in which willum [macy] told katay she looked a bit flat.

Mamma Stella said...

Hey Your back! Glad you liked Italy and I can't believe you described the hotel in Asisi as a jail its supposed to be beautiful and close to nature but anyways i bet you saw my house and didn't realize it its right behind the vatican so yea anyways johnson brothers rule!!!!!!!11

Anonymous said...

Best trip eva! I never thought I'd tour Italy with a laugh track, but you girls provided it! I'm sure the artisans who took 200 years to complete the Cathedral in Siena will be happy to be compared to a candy cane (rollover in your grave much??)
Anyway, you forgot to mention how Macy helped lead a rousing chorus of The Bells of St Mary's on the bus!

Ciao bella,
The Queen Mum

Anonymous said...

LUV Guillermo!!!!!! ha ha ha

Belle ♥ said...

Fersure!! He is just so fahbulous. Or, as Amy would say, mal (to the bone).
(That's bad to the bone, for those of you that don't take Spanish.)

Hayley said...

ITTTSSSSSS AAAAA MMMMMMOOOOOONNNNN ANNNNNDDD ITTTTTTSSSSSS A SHHHHHHIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Luv that song!!! Katie u should be an artist when u grow up!!!
Seriously!!!!!!

LUV (always)
Hayley (A.K.A. Grandma Ethel)